I understand that events change occasionally in everyone’s life. In order to be fair to all clients, the following policies are in place:
24 hour advance notice is required when cancelling or rescheduling an appointment. This allows the opportunity for someone else to book in. If you are unable to give 24 hours advance notice you may be charged for the appointment.
If a treatment is cancelled or deferred at short notice because you have (or someone in your family has) COVID-19 or has symptoms of COVID-19, any standard cancellation fees will be waivered. You will be asked to confirm in writing that your appointment has been cancelled or deferred because you have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.
When calling to schedule an appointment please leave a message. If I am in a treatment, I will return your call as soon as I can.
Please read below so that you are familiar with the new procedures that are now in place.
By making an appointment you agree that you:
- Have not been symptomatic within 1 week prior to your appointment
- Have not come in to contact with anybody symptomatic within 1 week prior to your appointment
By making an appointment you agree to:
- Bring and wear a mask, otherwise a mask will be provided to you.
- I will arrive as close to your appointment time as possible
- I will bring my own water
- Key workers, if straight from work, must change out of work clothing and shower before the massage
Payments should be made ahead of time by bank transfer or online payment.
If paying cash you must bring the exact amount
On the day of your treatment, please check your temperature, and consider if you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms:
- Dry persistent cough
- Temperature over 37.8° C
- Lack of taste or sense of smell
If you have any of these symptoms, please get in touch to postpone or cancel your appointment.
You will not be charged for a late cancellation due to Covid related symptoms/exposure.
For all clients:
All consultations and intakes will be carried out during a phone call before your appointment whether you are a new or existing client. Guidelines recommend that in person time is reduced and so this will allow our face to face time to solely be for your treatment.
If you are considered a high-risk client, it may not be possible to go ahead with your massage.
Throughout the pandemic, I will be following guidelines issued by the government, NHS, other relevant authorities and my professional association, the Federation of Holistic Therapists, regarding safe and hygienic practice and the use of any personal protective equipment (PPE).
COVID-19 Risk Assessment
I have carried out a full risk assessment, in line with guidance from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), in order to:
- identify what work activity or situations might cause transmission of the virus;
- think about who could be at risk;
- decide how likely it is that someone could be exposed; and to
- act to remove the activity or situation, or if this isn’t possible, control the risk.
Prior to seeing any of my clients, I will:
Monitor my own health and deferring treatments if I have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.
Contact my clients 24 hours in advance and deferring any treatments if:
- They have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19;
- Are clinically extremely vulnerable and shielding;
- Anyone in their household has COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19;
- They have been in close contact with someone who has symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days;
- They have been contacted by the NHS Test and Trace Service and told to self isolate
I ask my clients to call and cancel and defer treatment on the morning of their appointment if they have a temperature or other symptoms of COVID-19.
Enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures
- All surfaces will be intensively cleaned and sterilised before/after every appointment
- I will wear mask at all times and replaced before/after every appointment
- All single-use items, such as towels and couch roll will be replaced between clients.
- Strict personal hygiene measures will also be adhered to, including regular handwashing/ sanitising.
Adapting or restricting treatments
It may be necessary for me to adapt or restrict certain treatments, in order to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 and/or protect my clients’ health and safety. Any clients likely to be impacted will be advised as soon as possible.
Maintaining social distancing
Please note that while many treatments involve close contact, I will be observing social distancing measures wherever possible. This might include, for example, maintaining an appropriate distance during the consultation process, and when arriving and leaving for an appointment.
If a treatment is cancelled or deferred at short notice because my client has COVID-19 or has symptoms of COVID-19, any standard cancellation fees will be waivered. The client will be asked to kindly confirm in writing that their appointment has been cancelled or deferred because they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.